Disputes and conflict do not always end after court orders or agreements have been reached. The nature of drawn-out family law disputes can mean that conflict becomes entrenched and is hard to overcome. Parents don’t necessarily have the right tools to move on from what’s happened in the past and focus positively on their future co-parenting arrangement.
I often hear from parents “What now? How can I co-parent after everything that’s happened?”
Parenting Coordination is a new area of family law to help parents resolve minor disputes and adhere to parenting orders and agreements. We work with both parents in a safe, collaborative and child-focused manner.
Parenting Coordinators are recommended by the Court, ICL, Lawyer, a Mediator, or direct by parents.
A Parenting Coordinator will meet with you monthly (or as required) and can help you with
- Ongoing coaching and education in post-separation communication.
- Conflict resolution, anger management and self-regulation.
- Meeting the requirements of court orders or consent agreements.
- Mediating on-going disagreements and facilitating improved capacity for reaching agreements on minor disputes yourselves.
- Promote healthy relationships between children and both parents.
- Prevent re-litigation due to contraventions.
Parenting Coordination helps to minimise stress on all the family. As a trained facilitator, my commitment is to help you learn new strategies and create new patterns so you can each move on with your lives and be the best parent you can be for your children.
Children’s outcomes after separation and divorce are improved when parents have the least amount of conflict. I know you want the best for your children, and my aim is to help you be the best you can be.
Contact Jasmin Newman for more information via Jasmin Newman Mediation