Thank you for considering the online Parenting After Separation Course for your client. So you can feel confident they are receiving the most appropriate information here is some additional information for you.
Course content delivery
The course comprised of factual information using everyday terms. There is a combination of written and video content in short digestible lessons. Students can log in and out as they need to return and complete later.
Parenting After Separation Course Learning Outcomes
- Australian Family Law
- Understand the basic structure of family law and how it applies to separation and divorce
- Demonstrate understanding of the family law act where it states ‘in the best interests of children’
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mediation process and alternatives to family court
- Understand the context of co-parenting within the Australian Family Law
- Parents in Focus
- Demonstrate an understanding of the grief process
- Demonstrate knowledge of good communication styles
- Describe the difference between conflicted and cooperative co-parenting
- Children in Focus
- Understand the term ‘child-focused’
- Describe the negative impacts of high conflict parenting on children
- Demonstrate strategies for co-parenting which facilitates positive child development.
- Practical Coparenting
- Be able to identify three different co-parenting models
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the child in relation to the co-parenting model
- Personal Development
- Gain personal insight into their own thoughts, feelings and behaviours
- Identify their fears and insecurities
- Identify alternatives words and actions when disputes arise
- Reflect upon how their actions impact others
- Consider and reflect upon the changes in their life and of their co-parent
There are 5 modules which make up the Parenting After Separation Course with a total of 27 lessons throughout. At the conclusion of each lesson, there is a quiz with between 3-8 questions each which must be answered.
In order to pass each lesson and overall, there is a minimum passing grade of 70%. If a student doesn’t pass a lesson they are directed to re-read the content and retry.
Certificate of completion
The student certificate is automatically generated upon completion of the course. This can be printed to present to yourself, mediator, the ICL or the court if required.
Supervision of students
As the course teacher, I am able to see the enrolment, progression and pass grade of each student. I make myself available via phone or email should they have any questions or need clarification on any of the content.
Legal professionals access
I make the course readily available for legal professionals to review if they wish. Please make contact with via email and provide your professional registration details.
Client discount offer
For professionals who complete the course, I will offer a 10% discount coupon code unique for your practice to provide to your clients. Please contact me via email to arrange.